Friday 10 October 2014

Commission


As a rule, commissions make me very anxious and I try to avoid them.  This one, however, provided some intriguing challenges. It is also a gift for the client's father and I have a soft spot for great dads, given how much mine meant to me.

  I had to take a scene I had already painted and make it look like it was now set in the seventies or early eighties.  This entailed removing a number of tall buildings, researching the pre renovation A.G.O., and getting a handle on the vintage vehicles. Fortunately this model of Red Rocket had come into operation around this time, but is currently being phased out. It also occurred to me television antennae would be common.

Anyhow, a long haul, but hopefully the collector will appreciate the effort.







No comments:

Post a Comment